Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wait, are you from Boulder?

Went into a high end Specialized store in the city to go check out some new cross bikes. I've seen some cx bikes that are disc brake only that have peaked my interest. One was a Specialized Crux.

The girl that helped me was nice but she started off our conversation telling me she just move there from Boulder. Not exactly sure what that had to do with a disc cx bike but regardless I kept asking questions. So here is pretty much how it went down:

Girl: What can I help you with today?
Me: Just stopping by to check out cross bikes.
Girl: We have one here right now. I just moved here from Boulder. 
Me: Oh, really? I went to school there. Anyways, I was....
Girl: Really? Me too? I just moved here from Boulder!
Me: Is the geometry similar to their road bikes? I just want to compare so I can see what size I would need.
Girl: Their different and you'll want to size down. You ever rack yourself on the top tube?
Me: No, I haven't had the pleasure...
Girl: Well let me tell you it's no fun! I literally just moved here from Boulder.
Me: So, I'm looking at cross bikes with disc brakes only
Girl: Well like I said I just moved here from Boulder and also saw all the new bikes Specialized is coming out with. They aren't going to offer the crux with disc only. You'll probably want to look at their touring bikes because some have disc brakes.
Me: Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment